Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent. Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading
edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices. We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Officer, Data Processing
Job ID: 19921
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Group Information Technology: systems development, business analysis, architecture, project management, data warehousing, infrastructure, maintenance and production
To ensure smooth running End of day activities on application systems, take backup of databases, generate reports, print and circulate.
- Ensure that all work request / incidents logged in Remedy are responded to and resolved within the agreed time frame. Also ensure that calls are escalated and communicated to the required support area and user.
- It is imperative that the necessary housekeeping takes place on an hourly/ daily/weekly/monthly basis as per the job requirements.
- Provide high level competency with regard to application systems:
- Ensure smooth Run and Support End of day processing & End of month processing on Finacle core, Finacle ODS, HP&L & MOD etc.
- Ensure backup of application databases on Sybase, Oracle, SQL Server, etc on daily basis.
- Ensure backup of Bank’s third party applications.
- Ensure that backups of application databases are done as stipulated in the backup policy and loaded into disaster recovery site.
- Provide support for nightly teams .
- Development of Reports, customization and maintenance.
- Ensure projects support & Implementation.
- Support Interfacing of external Applications to Finacle Banking software.
- Support on Middle office database (MOD).
- Investigate system differences in suspense e.g. GL Suspense, Treasury Wip , Trade Finance Suspense etc.
- Implementation of change request of business applications from the Centre.
- Ensure timely handling of System / Technical Job request logged in remedy e.g. System issues, new report request etc.
- Ensure no downtime is recorded as a result service downtime on applications and peripherals .
- Ensure monitoring of databases, AIX servers and free spaces of the hard disk and file systems for performance and pro-actively prevent non-availability.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
Minimum of first Degree or its equivalent in numerate or semi-numerate disciplines such as engineering, computer sciences, statistics, mathematics.
Ensure all backup tapes are transferred to Montgomery Vault in line with IT policy.
Proactive monitoring of all the critical applications and peripherals
Monitor and Report all the activities at the Data Centre.Ad-hoc assignments.
Any other duties as may be assigned by Department Head.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online